The Natural stone splitting is a very delicate operation. Whether it is to divide large blocks or produce strips for cladding, MEC machinery specialized in splitting all types of stone allows for performing this process efficiently.
How do split stones with MEC machines, and what equipment is the most suitable according to the type of processing? Find out by continuing to read the article!
For every stone and every process, there is the right MEC machine!
You can find a suitable MEC machine for every stone, and each type of finished product you would like to obtain. Below we will show you an overview of the MEC splitting machines available: some of these machines can be customized to adapt perfectly to your needs.
- The MEC machine specialized in horizontal splitting is the Half, particularly suitable for veined stones, allowing to operate the split following the direction of the vein. The Half is equipped with two automatic blades, and depending on the model, it is ideal for splitting long blocks, such as billets and strips, or shorter blocks. Thanks to its action, two pieces are obtained, one with a split, rough face, perfect for cladding, and one with a sawn face, to be used on the laying side.
- KUBO is a series of automatic machines suitable for the production of cobbles, strips, and veneers starting from strips and long-slice materials.
- The machines of the series TRITTICO are designed for splitting large-sized materials, even of irregular shape, and allow the operator to work without fatigue: it is possible to carry out different processes on the same stone and to rotate the blocks by 360°. This machine can be positioned as the primary unit of a splitting line or as a stand-alone machine.
- The machines of the C series, characterized by the goose-neck frame, allow the handling and processing of the same stone several times to create cubes, pebbles, borders, and other products. It is also possible to adjust the rise time of the blade, reducing downtime.
- What about wide but low-height blocks? The TESMO SERIES machines have been designed specifically for splitting this type of material. Particular hydraulic adjustment systems they are equipped with guarantee excellent splitting quality by reducing waste.
- The series PXA is characterized by H-frame machines, used in automatic systems: they can be up to 3 meters wide for splitting palisades, even in granite, or used several times in a plant to make curbs and cubes.
- The machines of the P4 series, also of the H-frame type, are equipped with 4 blades which allow to obtain regular profiles and reduced thicknesses on all stones, in particular, they help a lot on travertine, sandstone, or layered stones.
- Finally, we conclude this overview with the machines of the PX series: these manual machines are extremely versatile, in fact, they allow you to split any type of stone. They can be used both as a first step to feed subsequent splitting lines or as a stand-alone production system.
In this brief overview of MEC stone-splitting machines, you were able to discover their characteristics and uses: as you have seen, they are extremely versatile. The customization and personalization that MEC practices revolve around the concept of modularity and integration. The machines are made up of groups that can be combined. Similarly, the lines are made up of several units: each unit can be calibrated, combined, integrated, and expanded with other units. It relates to the production and handling/moving components and complete lines of any size and production capacity.
Could any of these machines be right for you, and would you like to learn more? Do not hesitate to contact us: we are happy and enthusiastic to answer your questions and resolve all your doubts!